If we teach you, you may forget,
If we show you, you may remember,
We'll involve you so you'll understand.
Our unique training experience provides immediate value as we train you with real life scenarios.
One size does not fit all. Every training session is slightly different as technology changes constantly and all trainees are unique in their abilities.
Get customized training catered to your needs with skills useful in real life situations, problems and troubleshooting.
This is unlike any training institute or online courses that target everyone and where the material doesn't change for years! There are many good options for "industry standard" training. But those will train you for certification purposes.
We do not believe in death by powerpoint. All our trainings are full of interaction, Q&A, demonstrations and examples, the way real learning is achieved.
They are catered to YOUR needs. If you don't get immediate value out of it, both of us fail.
- ipconfigz Training
- Cost Effective
- Real-Life Focused
- Vendor Neutral
- Homely Environment
- Flexible Hours/Days
- Constantly Updated
- Free Supplemental Materials
- Popular Training
- Exam Focused
- Vendor Locked
- Formal Classroom
- Crammed 5 days
- Same Material for years
- No follow-ups
Cybersecurity Awareness Training
Everyone is vulnerable
Security touches everything. This course is designed for everyone, from sales, marketing, HR, doctors, lawyers, to IT.
Unlike most other trainings, we will not kill you by powerpoint! [We may drug you a bit though]
It is full of practical, real life scenarios with live hacker demonstrations, screenshots, volunteer interactions and donuts!
This course is meant to open your eyes on how easy it is to fall prey to Cyber Criminals.
We will demonstrate hacker techniques and educate on the basics on how to protect yourself without jumping into any advanced topics.
- 1.5-2 hours on-site presentation, demos, examples
- Focus group of up to 15 individuals per sessions
- Training follow-ups: Short monthly emails to refresh important topics for 12 months
Topics covered include:
- The Target
- Hacker Techniques
- Information Gathering
- Dumpster Diving
- Shoulder Surfing
- Phishing/Spear Phishing (email)
- Vishing (phone)
- Social Engineering (human vulnerability)
- Viruses, Worms, Trojans, Backdoors
- Data Leakage
- Social Networks
- Personal Devices
- Physical Security
- Preventing Tailgating
- Internet Security
- Safe Browsing
- VPN, Email Encryption, HTTPS/SSL
- Secure Apps
- Password Managers
- Best-Practice Password Guidelines
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- RSA tokens
- Protection from Information Gathering
- PII (Personally Identifiable Information)
- Data Destruction (paper and bits)
- Social Media
- Device Security (Laptop/Mobile)
- Patches, Antivirus
- Safe USB Drive Handling
- Security Framework/Compliance (HIPAA, SOX, PCI, ISO27001, NIST CSF, SANS CIS 20)
- Appropriate Use
- Reporting Incidents
- Backup Strategy (3-2-1)
- Insider Threat
- Cloud Services
- Computer Best Practices
- Travel Security
- Wifi Hotspots
- Make security a "habit"
Strengthening the 1st line of defense
Real Life Networking
A holistic approach to solving problems
As the name suggests, this course will include practical scenarios that a network admin experiences on a regular basis. Networking is a pretty broad topic and touches almost all the IT components in an organization. This is a Jack-of-all Traits course! We try to clear up the basic concepts without jumping into advanced topics. Once your base is strong and you have a firm grasp of the technology, then advanced learning is mostly self-taught and interest-based. Topics covered include:
- Networking Components
- Hubs, Switches, Routers, Firewalls
- WLCs, APs, mobiles, workstations, IoT devices
- Servers and Applications
- Switching Concepts
- Segmentation (VLAN), IP Addressing
- DHCP, ARP, DNS
- L2 vs L3 switches
- Static vs dynamic
- Inter-VLAN routing
- WANs, telecom providers
- Switch security
- Protect your protocols
- Firewall concepts (NAT/PA, ACLs, VPNs)
- Authentication (Active Directory, Certificates, RADIUS)
- Content Filtering
- Malware Protection
- Components, terminology
- 802.11 standards
- Antennas, Types of interferences
- Protection, Encryption, Hacking
- VoIP, Video, IM
- The need for QoS
- Virtualization: Hypervisors
- Introduction to Storage
- Monitoring/Management Tools
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Life of a Packet
- Packet walkthrough from starting ur computer to getting information [This is your exam!]
This course in no way is a replacement to formal industry certifications like CCNA, Network+, CCIE, etc. This should be taken as a baseline. It will target 80% of what you will be doing in real life, unlike most vendor certifications which teach you a lot of theory, of which you end up utilizing 20% of in an actual network.