HIPAA Security Risk Assessment (SRA)
What is HIPAA ?
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) establishes national standards for the protection of Electronic Protected Health Information (e-PHI) that is held or transferred in electronic form using Electronic Health Record (EHC) applications. The Security Rule and Privacy Rules address the technical and non-technical safeguards that organizations must put in place to secure individuals’ e-PHI We assist organizations in going through the requirements that help to maintain reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards for protecting e-PHI. We will help identify the gaps if any and advise on remediation steps as needed.
The HIPAA Security Rule requires all covered entities to conduct an accurate and thorough analysis of the potential risks and vulnerabilities to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) of electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI).
We go above and beyond the minimum requirements of Security & Privacy to reduce the risks of getting breached.
Top 3 Causes of Breaches
- Theft/Loss of device or records
- Unauthorized Access
Benefits of a HIPAA Risk Assessment
- Protect your patient's sensitive information from an ever evolving threat landscape
- Become HIPAA compliant and stay compliant
- Have policies and procedures in place
- Have a plan in place for disasters an breaches before they happen
- Protect yourself from lawsuits and fine from data breaches
- Become aware of the possible threats and their impact on your private and sensitive data